Welcome to DSI
Place a Trial With Us
Why Choose DSI
Where to Stay
- Dr. Saponaro, the Principal Investigator, has been an internist practicing in South Florida since 1990, doing primary care research studies since 1997. DSI currently does about 20 INDs per year.
- Dr. Saponaro earned the research degrees CCRI and CCRC from the ACRP and the degree CCRP from SoCRA. He earned his CPI degree from the AAPP and the CCI degree from the DIA. He is a member of the IRB at Jupiter Medical Center and Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and he is currently studying to be a certified IRB professional with ARENA.
- Melody I. Sanger, BSN, RN, MD, CCRC, CCRP, Director of Clinical Research, has also earned these research degrees, sits on the same IRBs and is also studying to become a certified IRB professional. She is also a diet and lipid lecturer.
- DSI is a luxuriously appointed 3,000 square foot underutilized office. We provide large private accommodations for visiting study monitors. The CRAs usually have lunch with us.
- Our friendly office staff answers queries quickly.
- We have plenty of extra room to store study related material indefinitely. In fact, since Dr. Saponaro arrived in South Florida in 1990, all medical records have been preserved.
- We have the patients. We draw our patients from the Jupiter Preventive Medicine Center along with local advertising. Many patients repeat studies with us as they come away with a very positive experience for having chosen to be a research subject volunteer at the Drug Study Institute.
- We have three full time dedicated study coordinators who also hold MD degrees.
- Click here for more information on how informed consent is performed at DSI.
- Click here for more information on conflict of interest
Joseph Saponaro, MD, DABIM, FACP, CPI, CCI, CCRI, CCRC, CCRP
Board Certified Internist, JPMC (Jupiter Preventive Medicine Center)
Principal Investigator, DSI (Drug Study Institute)
Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine
Certified Physician Investigator by the AAPP (American Academy of Pharmaceutical Physicians)
Certified Clincial Investigator by the DIA
Certified Clinical Research Investigator by the ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator by the ACRP
Certified Clinical Research Professional by SoCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates)
Member: ACPM (American College of Preventive Medicine)